[txmt-dev] Fixing the "Search Main Menu Items" feature

Todd Ditchendorf todd.ditchendorf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:25:03 UTC 2012

I'd like to fix the "Search Main Menu Items" keyboard command bug.

Steps to repro:
1. open TextMate2 -r 9288
2. type `command-?` (or command-shift-forwardslash).

Expected:
The "Help" main menu should appear and keyboard focus should be given the
the blue search field

Actual:
A tooltip appears near the cursor: "WARNING: on Leopard the menu item
searching is prone to crashing, so we have disabled the key equivalent.
Sorry for the inconvenience."

I've checked out head of trunk (or whatever the correct term is in git) of
the TextMate2 source on github.

I thought a naive-yet-simple approach would be to grep for the tooltip
message which appears when you type the key command. But I can't find that
string does not seem to exist in the source.

Anyone have any ideas/pointers on how I could move forward on fixing this?

thx!

TD