[txmt-dev] Re: building textmate on 10.6.8 ... only have clang 1.7/3.0 installed

Sidney Markowitz sidney at sidney.com
Sat Aug 11 22:25:14 UTC 2012

> This isn’t supported and you may need to change a few sources to build
> correctly with the 10.6 SDK.

I experimented on my first gen Macbook, which is 32 bit Snow Leopard only.

Getting clang 3.2.1 built in macports took forever compared to an iMac running
Lion, but did work. I left the build going when I went to sleep so I don't
know how long it actually took. Once the pre-requisites were installed the
only changes I had to do for building TextMate were

1. In configure changed to min_os=10.6 and
sdk="/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk"

To try it out for now I edited the two lines in configure instead of seeing if
I could have done it using arguments to the ./configure call

2. Skip the codesign because the ad-hoc identity is not supported in the 10.6
version of codesign. I edited bin/gen_build and turned the codesign command
into echo codesign.

With those two changes TextMate seemed to build and run. I haven't tested it
past opening one of the .mm files from the TextMate sources which caused it to
load the ObjectiveC++ syntax stuff, but that all happened without apparent error.