[txmt-dev] Re: building textmate on 10.6.8 ... only have clang 1.7/3.0 installed

Fri Aug 10 00:13:21 UTC 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 1:21 AM, Stephen Bannasch <stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org> wrote:

> I'd like to be able to build textmate on 10.6.8 (still using 10.6.8 because there are still some PPC apps that I use and this is the last version with Rosetta).

This isn’t supported and you may need to change a few sources to build correctly with the 10.6 SDK.

> […] building textmate requires clang 3.2

Correct.

>  $ which clang
>  /usr/local/bin/clang
>
> But running: clang --version returns version 1.7 ???

That’s pretty weird and doesn’t really make sense. I’d say, find out why this discrepancy exist, however, you can set the CC and CXX variables to the full path to clang before you run ./configure.