[SVN] Re: is {} special?

Sun Jan 2 19:31:55 UTC 2011

On 29 Dec 2010, at 22:20, Mads Hartmann Jensen wrote:

> When you type {} and hit enter in the middle it will insert two newline chars. I can't seem to find this behavior in any of the bundles (text / source), would any of you happen to know how this is implemented?

This functionality is hardcoded.

> I would like the same behavior for ()

It can be done by adding a special scope and then overload return to insert a snippet on return in that scope.

The PHP bundle does this if you press return here: ‘array(‸)’. Same with HTML between ‘<tags>‸</tags>’.

It’s a little intrusive though as it requires changes to the language grammar (to markup the punctuation).