[SVN] Re: Proposal for common snippet trigger naming

Mads Hartmann Jensen mads379 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 12:14:20 UTC 2011

> Using ‘cla⇥’ for class to me seems like the best harmonization attempt. The rule could be the 3 first letters of the entity being inserted, which also matches with fun⇥ and to some degree def⇥.

This sounds fine imo. Just to make sure, a couple of examples would be:

class, 'cla⇥'
interface, 'int⇥'
enumeration 'enu⇥'
trait 'tra⇥'
etc.

In cases where the keyword is <= 3 letter we just use the keyword (examples are if, def, for, etc)

Both objective-c and java uses m as the trigger for methods. Do we make the distinction between methods and functions or just say that all methods/functions use 'fun' unless a keyword is used like ruby, python and scala.