[SVN] Re: Proposal for common snippet trigger naming

Mon Feb 7 00:56:26 UTC 2011

On 7 Feb 2011, at 00:36, Luke Daley wrote:

>> How do people feel about changing their bundles to conform to this standard?
>
> I sympathise with your frustration, but I think what you are asking for is not practically achievable. It has been tried before.

Don’t think we have tried to standardize these things, and it does annoy me that something as “universal” as class use different triggers in different languages: C++/Obj-C: ‘cl⇥’, Ruby: ‘cla⇥’, Python/PHP: ‘class⇥’.

To some degree ‘function’ is also fairly universal, although in some languages it would be unnatural to use f⇥/fun⇥ for a member function (method), and particularly ruby, anything but def⇥ would be less intuitive than the current def⇥.