[SVN] Newbie questions

Ryan Joseph thealchemistguild at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 08:31:57 UTC 2010

Hello all, I've decided I wanted to attempt a Pascal bundle for the FPC compiler on OS X but need some basic help first.

1) I can't quite understand how I return output from a command that would work for auto-completion (or produce a popup menu which would act as a snippet). I have seen this done before but I don't see any obvious options in the bundle editor and the bundles I looked at didn't make sense to me unfortunately.

2) How can I make a link from HTML output select a line in a file? I learned about the "mate" UNIX command which seems to do this but I'm not skilled enough a web developer to know how I can invoke that from HTML. Again I know the Xcode bundle this so there must be a way.

3) Is it possible to make a command return a list (popup menu) which could invoke UNIX commands? I think I saw another bundle do something similar to this but I wasn't sure.

4) Finally, does TextMate offer any way to dynamically load language syntax? For example could I make a command that parsed information from a document then saved it into a file that TextMate could read to extend the language grammar? I wanted to make symbols from the current document being syntax styled but I'm not sure if this is possible (never saw it before either so likely not).

Thanks for your ideas, I look forward to them!

Regards,
	Josef