[SVN] Re: Show tool-tip from Applescript

Fri Nov 5 14:53:37 UTC 2010

On 4 Nov 2010, at 21:50, Mads Hartmann Jensen wrote:

> [...] Before you can use the server you have to send it a setup file
> - I've created a command that does this [...] I wanted the server to
> invoke a tool-tip display in textmate to notify the user when it's
> ready to co-operate :)

So in your (assumed TextMate) command that sends the server the setup
file you need to send the server the value of the DIALOG and
DIALOG_PORT_NAME variables (see http://manual.macromates.com/en/environment_variables
  for how to access enironment variables in a bunch of different
languages).

As your server was ruby, you would then do something like:

   ENV['DIALOG']           = «value you received»
   ENV['DIALOG_PORT_NAME'] = «value you received»
   %x{ "$DIALOG" tooltip --text 'I am ready!' }

Instead of --text you can use use --html.