[SVN] Re: Preference styles including theme styles

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Tue May 18 16:27:09 UTC 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 6:48 PM, Mads Hartmann Jensen wrote:

> I'm currently woking on a bundle and was wondering if it is possible to define a default "fallback" styling for scopes which would reference the styling of another scope.
>
> The reason is that I've added a scope called entity.name.object (the bundle is for Scala) and I want the styling of this scope to default to the same as entity.name.object when themes haven't added a styling for the entity.name.object scope (as most probably wont)

You shouldn't add new scopes like this, if each bundle adds a new scope for individual language quirks it quickly gets out of hand and makes themes and such impossible to make. Staying within the standard scopes and being slightly wrong is more important than being perfectly correct but non-standard.