[SVN] bundle size

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:04:24 UTC 2008

Yeah, I'd say that's gargantuan. A better approach would be the one
used by the PHP bundle, using tooltip hinting for basic argument
usage, and popping up a browser window linking to the doc page when ^H
is pressed.

Having delved into the CF docs on many occasions, I can say that a lot
of it is bloated, inaccurate, hard to navigate, and atrociously marked-
up. Be that as it may, I don't think a TextMate bundle is the place to
stash the entirety of the Developer's Guide, to say nothing of the
quixotic API docs.

In my copious (har) spare time, I've been fiddling with my locally-
hacked CF bundle, now hosted on Github[1]. The absurd number of hard-
to-use, verbosely-invoked snippets from the old grammar are gone, and
I'm going to give a go at copying the PHP approach to documentation
next. Feel free to fork/follow, if you want.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]: http://github.com/evocateur/coldfusion-tmbundle/tree/master