[SVN] Proposed change to scriptmate.

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sat May 17 22:52:33 UTC 2008

On 17 May 2008, at 11:36, Luke Daley wrote:

> I am in the process of updating the SVN bundle to use interactive
> input. To make it easier to open processes that should use
> interactive input I would like to create a new module (tm_process.rb
> - http://pastie.textmate.org/private/n13laklf8yp1b5y9ibtclg) and
> change scripmate.rb (http://pastie.textmate.org/private/n4djgdcw0qvdbuhqaveva
> ) to use this new module.
>
> This should require *NO* change to existing code using scriptmate.
> Preliminary tests have confirmed that.
>
> Comments?

Since the functions are already in a TextMate module, they should not
use a ‘tm’ prefix.

What is the rationale behind always returning nil as first array
member of tmopen?

Do we really need both tmexec and tmexec2?

Do we need tmexec at all?

Seems :cmd is really the arguments to exec, e.g. could likely be an
array, so probably should be :exec instead.

The my_popen3() function in scriptmate.rb should probably be fully
removed, seeing how it is just a wrapper for a public function, if we
add tm_process.rb.

Instead of tmopen/tmexec we probably should call the functions
run_async/run_sync to better hint at what they do. Which makes me
think that maybe it should be run(:wait = true/false) instead of two
functions.