[SVN] Licenses

Matt Foster matt.p.foster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 15:20:55 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

This is my first non-automated post to the list, so hi :)

In making the matlab bundle work better with Octave, I added a couple
of snippets to insert license headers.
It occurred to me that this kind of thing is probably repeating work
done elsewhere, and yesterday when I was playing with the new (really
really cool) GetBundle bundle, I found that there is in fact a
licenses bundle in Review so I decided to have a look.

It looks like a really great idea, but at the moment it seems to me
that it's only really suitable for languages which use C-style block
comments.

I'm wondering if there are any plans to extend this to other languages
(and plain text), and if there are, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I
think that something similar in generality to the hyperlink helper
bundle, only for license headers would be really handy.

Thanks, and I really admire the excellent work all of you guys are doing here.

Matt

--
Matt Foster | http://my-mili.eu/