[SVN] TextMate Erlang bundle

Mietek Bąk mietek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:53:51 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm the author of the TextMate Erlang bundle.  I haven't been
following closely the developments on textmate-dev during the past
year, but I'm back now.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your submissions -- especially
for fixing the parenthesized scope omission, and for pointing out the
problem with tildes in strings.  I'm going to fix that soon.

I'm writing concerning the modifications to the Erlang language
grammar committed on 15/07/2007:

    [SVN] r7740 (Erlang, OCaml, OCaml Experimental Completions, ...)
    David Powers
    Sun Jul 15 01:21:49 UTC 2007
    cleanup OCaml experimental code completion and include backup binary
    Changed:
    U   trunk/Bundles/Erlang.tmbundle/Syntaxes/Erlang.plist

Here's the diff:
<http://pastie.textmate.org/229079>

I'm unhappy with these changes and I intend to revert them, unless
someone can offer a compelling contrargument in favor of them.  Here's
my motivation -- module names were scoped
"entity.name.type.class.module.erlang" in order to inherit the theming
for classes -- since both modules and classes group functions into
logical blocks.  Nobody themes "support.other.module.erlang".
Moreover, if you're writing a new module, its name does not belong
into "support".

Regards,
Mietek.