[SVN] r8757 (JavaScript JSDoc)

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Tue Jan 1 08:28:10 UTC 2008

On Dec 31, 2007, at 3:12 PM, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:

>> Can we get a general show of hands on how widely used JSDoc is, and
>> if it's the only doc system for JavaScript? If it is we might want
>> to consider just moving this into the main JavaScript bundle?
>
> I think there's another one. Someone will have to get a real answer
> though. Maybe ask around in all the js library IRC channels.

Looking at Google I've found two others, but will need a Javascript
guy to tell me how popular they all are, and how cross-compatible the
syntax is, if at all.

>> * The "Comment" snippet seems misnamed, it should be Doc Comment or
>> similar. Or seeing as we have a block comment shortcut (⌘⌥/) we
>> could either make it that a second press of the shortcut would
>> convert the current comment block into a doc comment block, or make
>> a second shortcut.
>
> I'd like to keep the comment toggle on and off only. A 3 state
> toggle doesn't sound fun. But that might actually be the best option
> since it's a known shortcut.

Well that is the thing, currently the block comment is not a toggle,
hitting it twice only inserts a second nested block comment. So right
now it would mean not really loosing any functionality, however I can
easily see having it a toggle in the future. We could do for the third
shortcut of either ⌃⌥⌘/ or ⌥⌘⇧/ and make it a standard
shortcut to insert a documentation block comment.