[SVN] Re: TODO bundle fix for Ruby 1.8.7
soryu at serenity.de
Sat Aug 2 22:38:26 UTC 2008
OK, this is not feasible right now.
I added the stupid ruby 1.9 encoding hints to the relevant files but
the command still fails. As do almost all TM commands involving ruby
(because of the unspecified encoding per source file…). Let’s just
hope they will correct this before release.
Specifying ruby -E utf-8 as TM_RUBY does not work, because the command
is quoted when executed, so it does not allows for parameters. And
ruby 1.9 does not seem to pick up LC_CTYPE or LANG and apply it to
file encoding. These are set to en_US.UTF-8 for me and ruby says that
__ENCODING__ is set to UTF-8 but it still does not work w/o specifying
utf-8 in every single ruby file.
So either I’m doing something else wrong or we just wait for ruby 1.9
to actually release before using it.
On Aug 2, 2008, at 23:14, Soryu wrote:
> r10355 /trunk/Bundles/TODO.tmbundle/Support/todo.rb: Applied patch
> from Pavel Kunc to make TODO Bundle work with Ruby 1.8.7.
> Thanks a lot Pavel. I’ll look into the Ruby 1.9 issue immediately.
> On Aug 1, 2008, at 16:41, Pavel Kunc wrote:
>> TODO bundle doesn't work with new versions of Ruby. I fixed it for
>> 1.8.7 for now because it's the version I use. Changes are backward
>> compatible with 1.8.6. It still doesn't work with 1.9 due to some
>> UTF-8 errors I didn't investigate.
>> I've attached patch to fix the issues.
>> Pavel Kunc
>> textmate-dev mailing list
>> textmate-dev at lists.macromates.com
> textmate-dev mailing list
> textmate-dev at lists.macromates.com
More information about the textmate-dev