[SVN] New Embedded Scopes + punc.whitespace

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Fri May 25 20:00:49 UTC 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:

> I'm already using whitespace scopes in a number of my languages for
> theaming up the different tab levels visually.
> 	http://flickr.com/photos/thomas_aylott/404629540/in/
> set-72157594577992345/
> 	http://flickr.com/photos/thomas_aylott/211990629/in/
> set-72157594577992345/

Yeah I've seen that, I've never really been a fan of the first
because of all the scopes it adds, seems to add so much clutter.
Would be better as either and editor feature or a an injected rule
(but that wouldn't always work if some other rules needed the leading
spaces)

The second is more interesting to me, but seems to have the same
issue. Not saying they can't be useful, just that while I like
verbose scoping adding so many purely for styling reasons seems the
wrong approach.

> One thing that I'd like to see done is scoping a single line ERB
> block and a multi-line ERB block as such, so you can style them
> differently.
>
> Also scoping the different types of embedded tags differently <% %
> 	I'm already doing that in my personal Rails HTML syntax.

That's in the proposal for template languages using meta.tag.template.
(block|line|expression), but not for the languages like PHP/erb.
Shouldn't be hard to add though, definitely be a good addition.