[SVN] r7502 (Gettext)

Lawrence Akka lakka at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 19 19:15:39 UTC 2007

All comments in comments.mdown except for the following, on which I
would welcome further input.

Lawrence

On 11 Jun 2007,  Allan Odgaard wrote:

> # Abstract
>
> These are review comments for the Gettext bundle submitted by
> Lawrence Akka.

> ## Using Grammar Name As Suffix for All Declared Scopes
>
> It prefixes all scopes with `po` and the grammar itself is
> `source.po` so this is good. Though I must add that
> `po` is a very short name -- what is it short for?

As far as I know po is short for 'portable object', but the files are
never referred to as that.  They as just known as PO files - see the
gnu documentation at http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/
gettext.html#PO-Files

> # Bundle
>
> ## Understandable Naming of Items
>
> The template should definitely be renamed from `PO file`. First, it
> is not title cased, second, it makes
> very little sense (it helps that it is in a Gettext submenu, but
> still).

Hmmm.  Not sure what to do about this.  The file really *is* a 'PO
file' - see the link above.  Any suggestions?  Could call it a
"Gettext PO File", but that doesn't help much more.