[SVN] r7859 (HTML)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jul 30 21:24:43 UTC 2007

On 30. Jul 2007, at 21:48, Ale Muñoz wrote:

> On 30/07/2007, at 21:21, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> When are these used?
> you mean the folding/indenting or the <!-- -->?

Thomas changed it so that ‘<!-->’ is tested, i.e. *not* ‘<!--
… -->’ (which we already had indent/folding disabled for).

> As for the patch, I think a much better better approach would be
> fixing the autoindent (right now, --> does not outdent)

I find the current patterns work fairly well, e.g.:

         <!-- single line comment -->
             <!--
                 Block comment
             -->

Here ⌥⌘[ results in the above indent and only the block comment
shows as foldable.

> Commenting out a big block of HTML is a common practice when
> debugging, and not being able to fold stuff you don't want to be
> working on doesn't make much sense for me...

I am not following you here.

One enhancement though I would like to see is that pressing ↩ after
inserting a block comment (⌘/) would result in the following
transformation:

       ↓

     <!--
         ‸
     -->

Similiar to pressing between tags/braces.