[SVN] r6454 (Ruby)

James.Strachan james.strachan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 13:51:29 UTC 2007

James.Strachan wrote:

> It'd be great if it'd work inside, say, Rails controllers/models too
> rather than self contained ruby scripts. I wonder if the user is in a
> Rails project we could switch the 'ruby -I' stuff with 'script/console'
> (or something like that - maybe a require 'config/boot' or something) so
> that working on a rails project it would boot up the various rails plugins
> so that we'd get lovely completion inside controllers & models? Will
> noodle around and see if I can figure it out...

I've reached the end of my rcodetools/ruby knowledge unfortunately - but I
did figure out how to boot up rails config/environment if it was present and
pass it into rcodetools which avoids the error message you get with
undefined constants like ActionController or ActiveRecord, though when this
is added it seems to stop finding any matches at all :)

I'm attaching it here in case it helps anyone else figure it out...
http://www.nabble.com/file/5703/patch.txt patch.txt

James