[SVN] Tagging Bundles

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Feb 20 14:56:23 UTC 2007

I started tagging the bundles, this is what I have so far:

http://pastie.textmate.org/41642 (I am doing it from code currently,
as it’s easier to make batch changes etc.)

I changed several of the tags to singular form for consistency, and
added a few new tags:

   scientific       -- seems there should be a group for Matlab,
LaTeX, R, etc., although is Fortran scientific? etc. (so far I choose
to keep languages dominant in scientific circles out of it)
   wiki             -- there are several things for wiki’s, so I made
a tag
   query language   -- this one isn’t ideal, but I was stuck with
jQuery and SQL (both are not really source code)
   completion       -- since a few bundles have only that purpose
   command language -- this is a subset of source code, but source
code is a huge group, and things like R, Matlab, etc. are not really
source code

With the latter I was thinking, instead of ‘source code’ maybe tag it
‘language’ and then introduce these new tags:

   command (language) -- generally interpreted line-by-line
   query   (language) -- used to store structured queries
   data    (language) -- instead of file format, this would be for
non-prose and non-executable languages
   markup  (language) -- basically everything that holds prose

File format versus markup is pretty hard. Isn’t every markup language
a file format? And many file formats use markup. Also, some
“languages” (CSS, Graphviz, ANTLR) are structured and/or compiles,
but are neither source code, nor markup, thus they end up as a file
format.