tags instead of categories (was Re: [SVN] New info.plist keys for description etc.)

William D. Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Fri Feb 16 20:02:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:

> framework is just too vague.
> Having OpenGL in the same category as RubyOnRails is just silly.
>
> There are enough web frameworks to justify another main category.

> web framework  -- extra/more specific web related junk (Rails, Django,
> Prototype, jQuery, …)

But isn't the point of tags to not overly specify the classification of
something?  Isn't it more appropriate to tag rails with both framework and
web, and if the user wants to narrow things they con specify that they
want web + framework (+ ruby/python/smalltalk/whatever)?

William D. Neumann

---

"There's just so many extra children, we could just feed the
children to these tigers.  We don't need them, we're not doing
anything with them.

Tigers are noble and sleek; children are loud and messy."

         -- Neko Case

Life is unfair.  Kill yourself or get over it.
 	-- Black Box Recorder