[SVN] New info.plist keys for description etc.

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Wed Feb 14 02:45:59 UTC 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> # Maintainer
>
> This is the maintainer of the bundle in the venerable `full name
> <email>` format. Likely we should ROT13 encode this field, as the
> `info.plist` will often be available over http.
>
> I deliberately avoided the use of author, since many bundles
> receive work from many contributors, and so if this was `author`,
> the list would probably be monotonically increasing.
>
> I think a bundle should only have one maintainer. True in practice
> we have bundles maintained by several people, but the main purpose
> of this field is to list someone the user can contact about the
> bundle. If there are two maintainers, listing both will just
> “confuse” the user as to who he should write, and there is only a
> 50% chance he will actually write the one responsible for the thing
> he writes about.
>
> Comments on this one? We could always make it an array, so we at
> least have the option, but lets keep the name of the key in
> singular form.

I'm kindof torn on this one.
Like the prototype javascript bundle.
I'm the maintainer of the syntaxes, but Harald Martin Ström is the
snippet maintainer.

I don't think there is an official maintainer for Javascript.
Experimental is also not really maintained.

Yeah, i think a single maintainer would work, if people fight about
who want to handle all the support for the bundle, we can set the
maintainer to Allan until they get over it. ;)

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors