[SVN] r6485 (Ruby)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Feb 11 17:05:30 UTC 2007

On 23. Jan 2007, at 17:46, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> I've read that, and I'm not going to follow its instructions. I
> rarely ever touch my .MacOSX/environment.plist file, and in this
> case I refuse to put PATH in there.

You can then set it just for TM.

The bash sourcing solution is going to be removed, so you will have
to set PATH for TM eventually.

Moving commands into separate files, to have them run from a bash
“login” shell, rather than just run as a script, is horrible compared
to just setting up your PATH.

> [...] For example, if a third-party app wants to use ruby, I want
> it to use the system-provided ruby.

ehm… but apparently you do want TM to use your latest Ruby?

Anyway, I want this change reverted. Not having the source for the
command in the bundle editor is irritating, and going through bash
adds an unnecessary startup delay for the command.