[SVN] r8631 (JavaScript)

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Mon Dec 10 16:12:19 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 9:05 AM, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
> The reason to keep them sorted separately is if there is some reason
> why they should not choose one of those syntaxes. In this particular
> case it doesn't matter what they choose since they aren't losing out
> on any absolutely necessary functionality.
>
> I didn't think I was doing anything controversial before either, so
> I'm not sure how controversial my plans are. Perhaps I should run
> them by the community before I implement anything new.

My only point was that if there isn't any reason anyone would
intentionally want one or the other then why provide a obvious option
as to confuse people? Need I really go find some nifty acronym to
point to that says keep worthless options to a minimum? ;)

>> The only place I can see it mattering here is that Dreamer has
>> complained how much slower the punctuation scopes have made pastes
>> as it adds a lot of overhead to the HTML parser. Tab/space scopes
>> could easily quadruple them.
>
> There should probably be some sort of blacklist of scopes that
> aren't converted into html.
> All punctuation and whitespace scopes would be pretty useless
> converted to html I would think.
>
> Where does the code for that sit? I may take a crack at it.

TextMate bundle, it's already been tackled by Scott Stevenson; but he
hasn't submitted the code. But his post might be a good starting point.

http://theocacao.com/document.page/517