[SVN] r8631 (JavaScript)

Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient textmate at subtleGradient.com
Mon Dec 10 08:42:51 UTC 2007

…
> P.S. I would change my recommendation to "Embedded Javascript" to
> separate it from regular Javascript, hopefully reducing confusion.

This is not the same issue as the PHP/HTML issue. Some people might
prefer the simpler subset of rules that the basic Javascript syntax
has. They should be sorted close to eachother because they are related
and are both viable choices.

> I'm still having bad feelings about the leading tab/space scopes, I
> think this really needs to be a Textmate feature, adding it to all
> the grammars is just too messy.

I agree. Duplication of the 2 rules in a repository item that make up
the leading space scopes could be a maintenance issue.

But to paraphrase another great member of this community... Something
like leading space scopes isn't really a moving target, I think we can
work out a solid repository item for them and not have it change much.
What I'd recommend is a repository item that can be duplicated as
needed, and since it's a single 'item' it can be kept updated easily.
Once we have a global repository in TM2 it can be moved there. But
ideally…

This does need to be a TextMate, E-texteditor & InType application
side feature.
And as soon as it's available in TextMate I'll be the first person to
rip it out of every syntax in the repo.

> Could we compromise and have it present but disabled?

How do you have something like that present but disabled?
If it's in the syntax then it's present. If you can see it in your
code then it's present in your theme.
If you don't like it to be colored, then either modify your theme or
switch to a different one.
If you have no bundle items or themes that make use of those scopes,
then they will never effect you.

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—