[SVN] r7034 (Subversion)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Apr 23 00:57:14 UTC 2007

On 23. Apr 2007, at 01:51, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2007, at 6:50 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> (we probably want to introduce something like TM_SVN_DEBUG to
>> toggle debug output)
> Perhaps just a TM_DEBUG or TM_BUNDLES_DEBUG as it seems like lots
> of things could make use of this.  Just a thought.

Sounds like a good idea. We could make it a list so we can set
TM_DEBUG to “Blogging, Subversion” to enable it for those two
bundles. Maybe even allow: “Subversion:Commit…” to enable it just for
the Commit… command in the Subversion bundle (granted, for this to be
automatically checked, we’d need a TM_COMMAND_NAME or similar, which
I btw also want for automatically setting the title of HTML output
windows etc.).

Maybe though this is over thinking it… but I guess as long as
commands just call: debug(«string»), how the debug() function decides
what to output is an implementation detail which can later change
where «class» here is the class of output, like: debug(:Subversion,
'prepare to commit\).

Another consideration is that we may want an automatic way to prune
bundles for debug statements to speed up execution in the deployment
version.