[SVN] r6185 (Subversion)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Nov 24 12:38:59 UTC 2006

On 24. Nov 2006, at 04:32, Chris Thomas wrote:

> So shall we roll back even further to get rid of the modality? Or
> is the HTML preview window in the background equally annoying?

Good question -- at least some resolution should be found, as the
current “bring up a diff window which you can’t interact with” is a
little surprising, and I am sure I will get this reported as a bug,
just a matter of time ;)

> I'd be tempted to use tm_dialog to load a WebKit window nib, but
> that doesn't help if you wanted the quieter tooltip-based output
> mode, which was part of the motivation for doing this in the first
> place.

I think having commit run detached and async and then use tm_dialog
to bring up the status, is a good idea -- we can then later extend
tm_dialog with a more discreet dialog type (like tool tips or maybe
more Growl-like), to get to what we currently sort of have.

I think this structure is better, as commit shouldn’t really (IMO)
block the entire application -- even though it could be argued that
it is so the user does not resave the files being committed, OTOH it
happens that commit is stalling for many seconds, in which the user
could be productive.

I also like the sheet option Thomas suggests -- on that note, I do
plan to make an “as sheet” for tm_dialog :)