[SVN] r6079 (Ruby)

thomas Aylott oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Sun Nov 12 14:28:00 UTC 2006

>> On Nov 12, 2006, at 6:49 AM, Thomas Aylott wrote:
>>
>>> Include $base in string embedded source
>>>
>>> Changed:
>>> U   trunk/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Syntaxes/Ruby.plist
>>
>> From Infininight
>> http://pastie.textmate.org/22353 don't think your recent commit
>> can possibly work; too many conditions that can cause it to miss
>> the end condition
>
> http://pastie.textmate.org/22376
> If you write bad code in there, it'll look ugly, but at least it
> agrees with irb in how it functions.
> .

Ok, but how should we handle this sort of thing?
"#{ whatever }" really should include all of ruby.
But if you just type the first of a matching pair like a string,
everything to the end of the document will look screwed up until you
add the matching character. CSS has that same problem.

How do we make it scope everything without looking horrible while in
the middle of typing stuff?

I guess it should be changed to $self at least, to keep from
including too many levels of wrappe languages in there.

thomas Aylott — design42 — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg