[SVN] r2829 (Ruby)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Mar 7 05:30:49 UTC 2006

On 7/3/2006, at 6:13, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

>> It would be nice to hear from some of those who run things via
>> RubyMate (webrick, unit tests, or similar) which previously failed
>> to have their output properly formatted — I have only tested this
>> with my made-up test cases (calling system() and let that output
>> something)
> Are you referring to running the unit tests via command-R? (run
> script)
> If so, the formatting is still not ideal. When there are more than
> one errors, the second error seems to start right where the first
> one finished, without moving to a new line. It looks slightly
> better than it used to though, I think.

The lack of newline might be a problem with the actual thing running
the unit tests. Could you send me something which show this problem?

Previously though there was the problem, that things which spawned a
new process, would not have the output from that process shown with
escaping < and & (entity) escaped, and also someone mentioned lack of
wrapping.

> On an unrelated note, I've noticed a plethora of very similar
> snippets in the Rails bundle. Might I suggest we pack them into
> single commands like we did in the LaTeX bundle? At least for the
> official version.

I am not sure what the activation scheme should be, and if you can
deduce the content alone from the abbreviation.

The various Go to … commands though could likely use $TM_SCOPE to
decide what action should be taken. And the ERB snippets should
probably be moved out of the Rails bundle.