[SVN] r3894 (CTags)

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Fri Jun 30 04:23:08 UTC 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 19:28, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 29/6/2006, at 23:27, Gerd Knops wrote:
>
>> • Initial submission of the CTags bundle
>
> Is this supposed to have the Objective-C support which I believe
> you added to TmCodeBrowser? Cause I was unable to make it find
> local Objective-C method definitions nor classes.

ctags does not natively support Objective-C.

For TmCodeBrowser that was easy to add, as only the current file is
scanned: If TextMate indicates that the mode is Objective-C, I use a
quick-and-dirty perl wrapper around ctags to parse out Objective-C
stuff.

For 'regular' ctags use where ctags recursively scans through
directories that would be a lot more work. I'll think about this some
more, as Objective-C is one of the languages I use most. But it
certainly will not be a quick fix.

Gerd