[SVN] Javascript Punctuation Scopes

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Aug 21 19:34:28 UTC 2006

On 21/8/2006, at 19:20, thomas Aylott wrote:

> [....]

I will let Michael comment on the above.

> What about scoping the actual contents of ( ) and { } and [ ] ?

That should be meta.* -- we currently do not have any conventions for
that.

But punctuation should only be for punctuation, so for example a
generic rule to target only the string content could be: ‘string -
punctuation’. And that would work regardless of string delimiters.
Putting the string content under punctuation would remove this
ability, and the content is anyway not punctuation.