[SVN] Binding triggers to shift+XXX

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Mon Aug 21 10:26:00 UTC 2006

I wholeheartedly agree. I too got caught with the shift-space trigger,
often just after I entered a capital letter and held the shift too long.
It took me a while to figure out which trigger was to blame.

hadley wickham wrote:
> This email is a plea not to bind triggers to shift alone - it is too
> easy to trigger, and very hard to figure out what's going on!

I would say that the use of shift is not that bad, it's just the
combination with the space key that is annoying.
I think that triggers should not use space at all, because there are
already a lot of apps that use various modifier-keys with space as shortcut.

Jeroen.