[SVN] Punctuation Scope

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Mon Aug 21 09:41:19 UTC 2006

> 1.  I don't really see the difference between
> "punctuation.delimiter.block" and "punctuation.delimiter.section".
> I'm in favor of collapsing "section" into "block", since "block"
> sounds nicer.

I'm leaning in this direction, should simplify things a bit.

> 2.  I'm of the opinion that "punctuation.delimiter" is actually
> redundant.  It seems obvious to me that punctuation characters are
> used to delimit things.  Do we really need excessively wordy scope
> names?  "punctuation.delimiter.separator" is even more redundant.

Realistically I'm against this, but I think it may be best usability
wise. Played around a bit with them tonight:

punctuation.delimiter.embedded.comment.django-template

That's quite long, really getting too unwieldy to be practical. Think
I'll be removing .delimiter

> 3.  How would you scope the single quotes in a single-quoted Erlang
> atom (equivalent to a Lisp or Ruby symbol)?  'This is an example'.
> Note that this definitely has nothing to do with a string.

Still havn't figured this out; humph.