[SVN] Punctuation Scope

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Sat Aug 19 07:47:05 UTC 2006

> "punctuation.separator" and "punctuation.delimiter" are a little
> blurred together.
>
> Let's call something that…
> • … is wrapped around something a 'delimiter' () {} [] <> <% %> <%=
> %> "" '' `` ‘’ “” /**/
> • … goes between stuff a separator ,.;:|

This is actually how it started I think, got blurred a bit as it went
along; can move to that.

> "punctuation.delimiter.assignment" isn't really punctuation. It's
> certainly not a delimiter.
> Getters and setters like == || && = != in javascript should be
> 'keyword.operator's, not punctuation. That includes the assigner in
> a key/value relationship. (EG: => in ruby, : in javascript objects,
> etc...)

I'm not trying to replace operators, I should have made that clear.
This would be for times when it doesn't make sense perhaps, for
instance inside an html tag. Or say in YAML:

Time: 2001-11-23 15:01:42 -5

The first : could use this scope; I think it'd get kind of silly
colorwise if these were all keywords, even if technically that might
be what they are.