[SVN] Punctuation Scope

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Sat Aug 19 05:20:54 UTC 2006

> It's mainly to give people something to scope punctuation as, right
> now there isn't anything and people have been doing really odd
> things. Some of the punctuation is keyword.* for instance. I think
> the biggest uses of the scope will be snippets; having something
> special happen when beside x for instance.

Forgot one of my other ideas for this… ties in with a scope selector
idea I've been mulling over in my head.

Would be cool if we had a way to reverse the caret direction of the
selector, ie: match the scope before the caret. Basically akin to a
look-behind.

With that we could have a scope selector of "punc.delim.func.ending (?
<=punc.delim.func.ending)" to have a snippet overload return inside
an empty {}. Someone recently pointed out that this is hard coded
into TM, would fix that. Could get rid of some of the special empty
matches and wacky meta scopes we have for things like this.

(Not suggesting the above look-back syntax, just a dirty example)