[SVN] Validated JavaScript & Prototype Bundles

thomas Aylott oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Mon Aug 14 13:58:05 UTC 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Martin Ström wrote:

> Hi
>
> As beeing the last grammar not to validate I tried to fix the
> scopes for "Prototype & Scriptaculous" bundle the other day. I have
> fixed the scopes to be valid and also moved a lot of common
> JavaScript things to the JS bundle instead. (the P+S grammar is now
> more or less just the classes and methods). I haven't commit the
> changes yet because there are some thing I wanted to check with you
> before doing my first commit :)
>
> Thomas Aylott: I have fixed some scopes things in your Bracketed
> theme (this was before the commit earlier today) and want you to
> check if it (and the other changes as well such as the Symbol List
> prefs) works as intendend.
>
> There are some difficulties with JS since there aren't any "real"
> classes (just functions) and how these should be scoped (like
> classes or functions). I choose to have some patterns to be scoped
> as classes (like the built-in Prototype classes like Element,
> Position or Effect, as well as "MyClass" in `MyClass.prototype` and
> some other cases). I don't know really what is the correct solution
> for this but I thought it's better to get the bundles cleaned and
> valid first and then we can think/change these scopes.
>
> Anyway, here's the diff from my WC. Remember that my WC is dated
> before Thomas Aylott's and Michael Sheets' commits the latest days.
>
> Ciao
> Martin
>
> --
> burnfield.com/martin

I've never done a patch before. what's the trick?
It just keeps asking me what files i want to patch and doesn't
believe me when i tell it.

Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Index: JavaScript Prototype & Script_aculo_us.tmbundle/Preferences/
Symbol List Banned.tmPreferences
|--- JavaScript Prototype & Script_aculo_us.tmbundle/Preferences/
Symbol List Banned.tmPreferences       (revision 4661)
|+++ JavaScript Prototype & Script_aculo_us.tmbundle/Preferences/
Symbol List Banned.tmPreferences       (working copy)
File to patch:

Then no matter what i put in it rejects it.
How do you guys do it?

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient