[SVN] Discoverability. Single global shortcut?

thomas Aylott oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Wed Apr 5 07:32:30 UTC 2006

> The Rails bundle, for instance, has a whole slew of great stuff
> with no shortcut at all. It wouldn't hurt anything to give them all
> the same shortcut.

> So if nobody has any objections, I'm going to start by giving a
> global shortcut to all the items in the Rails bundle that don't
> already have shortcuts.

http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/Rails_testing.tmbundle/
feed://trippledoubleyou.subtlegradient.com/textmate/taylott_svnlog.rss

Anyone interested in this idea can go ahead and check out this
version of the Rails bundle on my personal SVN server.

I added the ctrl-shift-esc shortcut to everything that didn't already
have a shortcut.
Then I added support for migrations in the rails language.
Then I changed the scopes for everything so that each item only shows
up in the right places. (Tests, rhtml, ERB in rhtml, controller,
model, migrations, etc...) (obviously, you're only going to do
migrations in a migrations file, for instance, otherwise use the gear
menu)

Fiddle with it and let me know what you think about the idea.
I'm sure this implementation could use some work.

Personally, I'm going to be using this or something like it.
I think it could be useful for everyone else and I'd rather not have
to keep a separate copy of every single bundle I care about.

Enjoy

thomas Aylott
subtleGradient
oblivious at subtleGradient.com