[SVN] Revision 1997

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Mon Oct 24 16:56:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, at 4:28 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I've added some functions to change a commands output (using return
> codes, starting with next build). These methods are currently named:
>
> • exit_discard
> • exit_replace_text
> • exit_replace_document
> • exit_insert_text
> • exit_insert_snippet
> • exit_show_tool_tip
> • exit_create_new_document
>
> It's a little long (so not very shell like), but it follows the
> (current) naming in the UI. The exit-prefix is to indicate that
> they exit, this is important, since in the future changing output
> may be achieved using DO, and so, wouldn't need to have the output-
> changing command exit.
>
> If there are suggestions for shorter command names, I'd be happy to
> hear about them (before next build, since changes after that will
> break commands that rely on the names)

If this does what i think it does, very cool! I have a number of
scripts that check sources when they are saved, and in the OK case
I'd rather not have a window pop up telling me that! Now I can fly a
quick tool tip instead!

As for the names, I personally like the verbose names. They are self
explanatory/self documenting, which is a good thing.

Gerd