[SVN] r2257 (Latex)

William Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Fri Nov 25 18:19:51 UTC 2005

On Nov 25, 2005, at 9:28 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> What does textsf do? I think TextMate should try to limit itself to
> only the really mainstream stuff, and people will then duplicate
> that to what they need, otherwise it'll quickly get very crowded in
> the snippet lists (already is), and neat stuff has a tendency to
> drown among all the easy-to-create mediocre stuff.

It switches to a sans serif font, and tends to get used quite a bit
in technical writing.  It's just like \texttt, \textit, and \textbf
switching to teletype, italic, and boldface font styles (and like
\emph toggles between italicized/non-italicized).  There's also
\textsc, which switches to small caps and \textsl, which switches to
a slanted shape, and \textrm, which switches to the (default) upright
shape.  I suppose you could consider those last few to be non-
mainstream, but not any more non-mainstream than thing like the
listings package snippets, which aren't even part of a latex, but a
separate package...

> Yeah… hmm… you can add * as a word character (in Preferences),
> that'll fix it. Of course ideally this should (probably) only be
> done for LaTeX.

Yeah it should preferably be fixed as a latex specific tweak, as
there are a lot of starred environment variants in latex, but I don't
know that there is much call for it outside of tex...

William D. Neumann

"I eat T-bone steaks, I lift barbell plates, I'm sweeter than a
German chocolate cake. I'm the reflection of perfection, the number
one selection. I'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too
sweet to be sour. The ladies' pet, the men's regret, where what you
see is what you get, and what you don't see, is better yet."

          --Superstar Billy Graham