[SVN] r2257 (Latex)

William Neumann wneumann at cs.unm.edu
Thu Nov 24 18:22:16 UTC 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 3:44 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> What is the status on the \text* snippets? can these go in favor of
> ctrl-<?

I would vote against that (if voting were enabled).  Tab is *so* much
easier to hit than Ctrl-Shift-, (well, in my case, I changed it to
Ctrl-, to make that a bit easier)  Especially on my Dvorak keyboard.
And I would also add a snippet for the mysteriously absent \textsf{}.

Oh yeah, one more thing.  The Ctrl-Shift-, command doesn't work
properly for starred environment variants.  E.g. eqnarray* yields:

eqnarray*\begin{environment}

\end{environment}

unless you preselect eqnarray*. And the insert begin/end pair macro
produces:

eqnarray\begin{*}

\end{*}

William D. Neumann

"I eat T-bone steaks, I lift barbell plates, I'm sweeter than a
German chocolate cake. I'm the reflection of perfection, the number
one selection. I'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too
sweet to be sour. The ladies' pet, the men's regret, where what you
see is what you get, and what you don't see, is better yet."

          --Superstar Billy Graham