[SVN] Markdown bundle questions

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Nov 20 15:59:06 UTC 2005

On 18/11/2005, at 22:50, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> [...] When someone drags a url from the browser and drops it into a
> document, can we intercept that?

Currently not — my idea some months ago was to extend drag commands
to allow specifying universal type identifiers (instead of
extensions), but it turns out that this system is pretty useless for
my needs (as NSURLPboardType doesn't conform to public.url).

So currently I'm thinking I should instead add new Activation types
(including mouse gestures), and then remove drag commands as a
special thing. But this is long-term.

As for overloading cmd-V for Markdown, I have a snippet that wraps
the clipboard in a link (using the selection as link text) using
pbpaste to get the clipboard content. But for people not using
Quicksilvers Clipboard History, the snippet will deadlock (and
timeout). I'm going to “fix” TextMate so that it'll be useful even w/
o using a 3rd party clipboard enhancer, cause this snippet is gold :)