[SVN] Markdown bundle questions

Paul Bissex pb at e-scribe.com
Fri Nov 18 21:24:30 UTC 2005

On the user list I had this exchange with Allan:

On 11/17/05, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
 > On 16/11/2005, at 21:15, Paul Bissex wrote:
 >
 > > In looking at the Markdown bundle I came up with the idea that a
 > > dropped HTML file (or snippet) could be run through html2text.py or
 > > similar to generate Markdown formatting. I went to add a new drop
 > > command, but realized I don't know what the approved way to add the
 > > script is -- if there is one. I wil refrain from adding it as a
 > > template file :)
 >
 > Normally, one would create Support and maybe Support/bin in the
 > bundle. The former can be accessed as $TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT and
 > $TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/bin is already in the PATH for shell commands
 > started from/via a bundle item.
 >
 > Unfortunately it seems drag commands lack this variable. I'll see if
 > I can't fix that for next build.

Which is is cool. I've actually got a working version of this right
now (with a hacky hard-coded path to the script in markdown.tmbundle/
Support/bin), and it's very neat.

Currently, though my implementation steps on an existing drop command
(the one that creates an anchor to the dropped file), since both act
on .html files.

I don't actually find that anchor-creating drop command useful. It
inserts a tag with the full path to a local file, which at a minimum
I need to manually edit to remove all the local path components (I'm
presuming that the primary use of Markdown text that includes links
is for use on servers, not local machines.) There's no conflict with
the img drop command.

So my question is: 1) would it be bad to remove that drop command and/
or 2) am I missing any other way to offer both these features?

Also, I encountered what I think might be a svn bug when I tried to
fix the capitalization on the bundle:

     $ svn mv markdown.tmbundle Markdown.tmbundle
     svn: Working copy 'Markdown.tmbundle' is missing or not locked

If it's my stupid mistake, what did I do? If it's a bug, does anybody
know a workaround?

thanks

pb

--