[SVN] bookmarks in b11 behaves strange

Simon Strandgaard neoneye at gmail.com
Sat May 28 09:19:42 UTC 2005

On 5/28/05, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 2005, at 18:48, Simon Strandgaard wrote:
>
> > The bookmarks seems to remember the x-position when they where
> > created,
> > which I find a bit odd. I was hoping for a bit different behavior,
> > that
> > the carets current x-position could be preserved when gotoing a
> > bookmark.
>
> oh... that is like, totally weird ;) but I'll change it for b12 then.
>
> Just curious; when is this useful?

Often I find myself working at 2 different places in a source file,
so I put a bookmark these 2 places.
While working on some code near the 1st bookmark,
I quickly need to check, how code looks like near the 2nd
bookmark, then I jump back to the 1st bookmark
and continue coding.

In these situations it saves me lots of time, if the carets-x position
is not changed by F2 (goto next bookmark).

--
Simon Strandgaard