[SVN] TextMate 1.1 beta 11

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Fri May 27 15:11:17 UTC 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 3:22 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> From the release notes :)
>
>    The language parser now uses the Oniguruma regular expression
> library by K.Kosako. This
>    means slight changes to the supported syntax (be sure to svn
> update), the Oniguruma
>    “grammar” can be seen here:
> http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/doc/RE.txt.

Yeah, I looked at that file, but it is a bit lacking in explanations
and examples :-)
For instance, for \g, all it says is:

>> 9. Subexp call ("Tanaka Akira special")
>>
>>   \g<name>    call by group name
>>   \g<n>       call by group number (n >= 1)
>>
>>   * left-most recursive call is not allowed.
>>      ex. (?<name>a|\g<name>b)   => error
>>          (?<name>a|b\g<name>c)  => OK
>>
>>   * Call by group number is forbidden if named group is defined in
>> the pattern
>>     and ONIG_OPTION_CAPTURE_GROUP is not setted.
>>
>>   * If the option status of called group is different from calling
>> position
>>     then the group's option is effective.
>>
>>     ex. (?-i:\g<name>)(?i:(?<name>a)){0}  match to "A"

Based on that, I can't quite figure out why this
"([^{}]+|[^{}]*\\{\\g<1>*\\}[^{}]*)" works. How do I know there should
be a 1 there? I guess My trouble is mostly I don't fully understand the
structure of the syntax plist files, I was hoping there would be a
document explaining that. Probably not a very high priority though.

> I have committed a change though.

Is it supposed to handle

\footnote{Notice that we replaced $E$ in front with $E(*D)$. This is
intentional.}   ?

The math mode seems to not be recognized.

Haris