US/danish keymap (was: [SVN] Numbers in LaTeX snippet filenames)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun May 22 17:35:03 UTC 2005

On May 22, 2005, at 19:15, Sune Foldager wrote:

>> I've switched to the US keymap, despite having to hold down option
>> for Danish vocals, but for programming the Danish keymap is
>> horrible. { and } are on the 8 & 9 keys and also require two
>> modifiers.
> Well.... it sits in my fingers now, pretty much, so the horror
> doesn't strike me anymore ;-).

You'll be pleasantly surprised when you switch and suddenly have to
type only one third of what you're used to for all those special
keys, at least I was, despite also having learned the Danish keys.

> But the US _is_ pretty easy for those programming keys, indeed.
> Also, the problem with many modifiers is a slightly higher error
> rate imo.

As you know I have my keyboard “under” my screen and thus can't see
the keys. In Xcode indent text is by default: option-shift-command 9.
Sometimes I would get this wrong, which means the selection was
erased, so I'd have to press command-Z to get it back, but then my
fingers had moved from the numbers row, and I had to start all over,
trying to hit the proper indent key again -- sometimes this could
take me a few tries before I got it right ;)