[SVN] Numbers in LaTeX snippet filenames

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Sat May 21 02:16:36 UTC 2005

On May 20, 2005, at 8:28 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> It would also update the filename if the item was renamed, but it no
> longer does to stay compatible with subversion. You're free to rename
> them, but renaming svn stuff means that svn does a delete+add.

Done. One more thing. We have a snippet triggered by "item", and it
expands to "\\item ${0:item}", in other words it saves the user exactly
one keystroke. On the other hand, the snippet for creating
"\begin{itemize} ... \end{itemize}" has as trigger "itemize". I feel it
would make more sense to get rid of the item snippet, and rename the
trigger for itemize to "item", to match up with the "enumerate"
trigger, which is "enum".

Another possibility, given that \item is a pretty useful snippet, is to
have "i" be the tab trigger for \item. ("it" is taken by \textit, and
that has the same convention as the whole text* family.)

It's probably an overkill, and not really necessary, but have you given
thought to multiple tab triggers for the same snippet?

Haris