[SVN] Numbers in LaTeX snippet filenames

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat May 21 01:28:21 UTC 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 3:21, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> do we need them? e.g. "010 Equation (Latex)". Why not simply
> "Equation (Latex)"? Come to think of it, why not "Equation (eq)"?
> Are they left there from some days long gone? Should I just change
> them?

Initially TextMate relied on the filenames for sorting, so it'd
output a number as prefix to remember the sorting order.

It would also update the filename if the item was renamed, but it no
longer does to stay compatible with subversion. You're free to rename
them, but renaming svn stuff means that svn does a delete+add.