[SVN] List item snippets in HTML bundle?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed May 11 00:46:38 UTC 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 8:06, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, and because I use it often, why is there no
> snippet in the html bundle for list items?

Because no-one added any ;) Most of the current snippets are
contributed by Mats, so most likely he don't use it, or didn't thought
it was useful for others.

> 	<li>${1:item}</li>
> 	$0

There is a macro in the HTML bundle which makes a tag pair out of the
current word, it's on ctrl-space. So often there's no need for special
snippets when you just want a tag pair (i.e. write “li” and press
ctrl-space).

The C bundle has a macro on cmd-return which does EOL + newline (I'll
move it to a more general bundle), meaning you can press cmd-return
anywhere on the line to get a new line below, though I see that the
HTML bundle overloads cmd-return (to insert “<br />”). Maybe we could
relocate that shortcut?

> If one were to add a snippet like that, what would be the proper
> scope? Just text.html, or is there a further level to specify we
> should be in a list?

No, just text.html.