[SVN] Bundle commit 456

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Thu Mar 10 02:25:09 UTC 2005

At 10:11 PM +0000 3/9/05, Kumar McMillan wrote:
>Added a Function/ Entity Nav command.  You probably remember this
>from the TM lists -- all the BBEdit switchers asking "Where is the
>function nav??".  One of those discussions led to some fancy grep
>commands getting passed around so I took it upon myself to release
>one that is a little more flexible (this time as a Python script).

This is a good idea. I have a couple of suggestions.

1. Make it output HTML with clickable links. You can make it look nicer.

2. Some of us don't talk Python.

>It should be very easy to add new language handlers, so please be my
>guest (you will see in the code).  I have only included Python (.py)
>and PHP (.php, .inc) support.

I tried adding a handler for Perl by adding to entitynav.py at line 51:

class EntitiesPl:
	"""
	entity-matching handler for .pl files
	"""
	def __init__(self):
		self.entityMatchLine = re.compile(r'^\s*(sub)\b.*:\s*$')

class EntitiesPm(EntitiesPl): pass

That didn't work. I get no output at all.  You will need a little
more documentation for some of us non-py folks.  :)

best wishes, Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu