[SVN] snippets encoding

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Mar 1 14:03:51 UTC 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 8:49, cubiq at cubiq.org wrote:

> If I am in UFT-8 I'd love to have all my "à" automatically translated
> into "à"

If all your special characters are encoded as entities, then you're not
really in utf-8, you're in ASCII.

> am I saying non senses?

Well, I'm thinking if something like this should happen, it should be
in the form of import/export hooks. But I wonder 1) why do you think
that browsers can't handle utf-8 w/o the use of entities? and 2) if you
really do not trust browsers, wouldn't it be easier just to keep
everything in utf-8 and have either the server convert your pages to
entities when they are served, or a script when you export/upload a
site?